I believe this is Dennstaedtia globulifera but may be mistaken — IDs are welcome!
Collection Data (W. Testo 1367)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dennstaedtiaceae
- Genus: Dennstaedtia Moore
- Species: Dennstaedtia cornuta (Kaulf.) Mett.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 10-VIII-2017
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 1367
- Collection Party: David Sanín, Alexandre Salino, William Bravo Pedraza, Lucas Lima.
- Det. History: Weston Testo, October, 2017
- Habitat: Bosque altoandino
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: BRIT, HUA, VT
Terrestrial along stream. In deep shade in deep ravine.
- Location: Serranía El Peligro – – Arcabuco – Boyacá – Colombia.
- Coordinates: 5.740N, 73.5W
- Elevation: 2500 m
Is there any probability that it is some Saccoloma species?
Hi Ran — no, I don’t believe this to be a Saccoloma, but I agree: it is an odd Dennstaedtia!
The rhizome morphology excludes globulifera as a possibility. I am going to put cornuta for now until someone else has a better idea.