Collection Data (M. Sundue & A. Vasco 1273)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Ophioglossaceae
- Genus: Botrypus Michx.
- Species: Botrypus virginianus (L.) Michx.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 29-IV-2007
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue & A. Vasco 1273
- Collection Party:
- Det. History: C. Rothfels
- Habitat: Secondary Forest
- Habit: Lithophyte, Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations:
- Location: SFF de Iguaque – – Villa de Leyva – Boyacá – Colombia.
- Coordinates: 5.741, -73.405
wow. fantastic photos. Just exploring now — this can be a test of whether you (Sundue) can find this comment. I reckon this critter is Botrypus, no? Which I hadn’t realized was in Colombia. Can’t all be the same species, surely. Someone needs to grind some of them up…
Thanks Carl. I have seen B. virginianus in Bolivia as well. I usually see them in roadside ditches near culverts in cloud forests.
Small plant considered to the Costa Rican plants…aslo, what are your thoughts on Botrypus?