The plants collected here were part of a fairly large colony of about 30 plants. Their local proliferation is probably facilitated by the proliferous bud that is present in the axils of distal pinnae. The petiole bases and young crosiers were conspicuously mucilagenous.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 3199)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Athyriaceae
- Genus: Diplazium Sw.
- Species: Diplazium wilsonii (Bak.) Diels
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 05-IX-2012
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 3199
- Collection Party: M. Sundue, J. Betancur, P. Pedraza, G. Giraldo, M. Jaimes, E. Tineo, M. Londono, A. Duque, L. Arias
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Primary Forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: COL, NY, VT
- Location: Parque Nacional Natural Las Orquideas – – Frontino – Antioquia – Colombia.
- Coordinates: 6°38'20.7"N, 76°12'30.1"W