I believe this Dryopteris is D. patula, but it atypical for that species with respect to growth habit (epilithic on a cliff), small size, and color of rhizome scales.
Collection Data (W. Testo 997)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dryopteridaceae
- Genus: Dryopteris Adans.
- Species: Dryopteris patula (Sw.) Underw.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 29-01-2016
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 997
- Collection Party: W. L. Testo, C. A. Lopez
- Det. History: W Testo, January 2016
- Habitat: Montane forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: AAU, NY, PMA, VT
Epilithic on large cliff near waterfall on Rio Caldera