This species was treated under E. cuspidatum (Willd.) T. Moore in Flora Mesoamericana (Mickel, 1995). The type of E. cuspidatum is from Venezuela and seems to be slightly different from the specimens collected in Costa Rica and Panama. The “Elaphoglossum cuspidatum group”, which contains several other species, is in dire need of monographic work.
Collection Data (F.B. Matos 2094)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dryopteridaceae
- Genus: Elaphoglossum Schott ex J. Sm.
- Species: Elaphoglossum subcuspidatum Rosenst.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 17-I-2013
- Primary Collector & #: F.B. Matos 2094
- Collection Party: OTS Tropical Fern and Lycophyte Course
- Det. History: F.B. Matos, II.2014.
- Habitat: Sub-paramo woodland
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: NY, UPCB
- Location: Cerro de la Muerte – – – San José – Costa Rica.
- Coordinates: 9.564281, -83.751497
- Elevation: 3100 m