This tiny grammitid was recently segregated from Terpsichore by Sundue (2014). It is characterized by castaneous rhizome scales with turgid cells, pectinate laminae, blackish leaf axes, reddish setae, cretaceous hydathodes, and the presence of Acrospermum ascomes. It is known from southern Mexico to Panama, Venezuela, Guyana, and Colombia to Bolivia.
Collection Data (F.B. Matos & C. Matos 2129)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dryopteridaceae
- Genus: Mycopteris Sundue
- Species: Mycopteris subtilis (Kunze ex Klotzsch) Sundue
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 27-I-2013
- Primary Collector & #: F.B. Matos & C. Matos 2129
- Collection Party:
- Det. History: M. Sundue, 2014.
- Habitat: Cloud forest
- Habit: Lithophyte
- Specimen Locations: NY, UPCB, VT
- Location: Reserva Biológica Bosque Nuboso Monteverde – – Monteverde – Puntarenas – Costa Rica.
- Coordinates: 10.307500, -84.792778
- Elevation: 1550 m