This species is easily recognized by its entire laminae and rounded rhizome scales. It occurs in Costa Rica, Guadeloupe, Colombia to Guianas, Bolivia, and Brazil. Only three populations are known in Brazil, two in the State of Bahia and one in Espírito Santo.
Collection Data (F.B. Matos 1530)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- Genus: Serpocaulon A. R. Sm.
- Species: Serpocaulon levigatum (Cav.) A.R. Sm.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 28-VII-2008
- Primary Collector & #: F.B. Matos 1530
- Collection Party: R. Perdiz & R.R. Santos
- Det. History: F.B. Matos, VII.2008
- Habitat: Atlantic Forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: CEPEC, UPCB
- Location: Serra Bonita Private Preserve – – Camacan – Bahia – Brazil.
- Coordinates: -15.390278, -39.566111
- Elevation: 900 m