In this gregarious population of Alansmia elastica, numerous sporophytes and gametophytes were seen growing together. In the photos, the gametophytes are adhering to the rhizome and root mass of the sporophytes. Although differing in gross morphology, the two life forms share a similar indument of pale stellate setae.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 5066)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- Genus: Alansmia M. Kessler Moguel Sundue & Labiak
- Species: Alansmia elastica (Bory ex Willd.) Moguel & M. Kessler
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 26-I-2022
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 5066
- Collection Party: Alejandra Vasco, Weston Testo, Sarah Morris, Susana Vega, Jonatan Castro, Verónica Bedoya, Alejandro Marín, Arcangel Gómez
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: BRIT, F, JAUM, VT
Plants gregarious, forming colonies in moss mats and protected crevices. Growing along with abundant gametophytes. Common here.