This specimen is a good match for other specimens annotated with this name. It does seem to differ from the type however by having appressed instead of partially spreading leaves along the upper portion of the erect stem.
Collection Data (S. A. James & M. Sundue 1588)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Lycopodiopsida
- Family: Selaginellaceae
- Genus: Selaginella P. Beauv.
- Species: Selaginella wariensis Hieron.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 5-II-2012
- Primary Collector & #: S. A. James & M. Sundue 1588
- Collection Party: Shelley James, Michael Sundue, Allen Allison, Si He, Dubi Damas, Bulisa Iova, Oliver Tallowin
- Det. History: M. Sundue, 2019
- Habitat: Primary Forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: LAE, VT
- Location: Sibium Mtns. – – – Northern Province – Papua New Guinea.
- Coordinates: 9°18.2797’S, 148°16.3596’E
- Elevation: 740 m