Hymenophyllum copelandii has been confused with H. polyanthos but differs by the narrow elongate lamina. It belongs to subg. Mecodium, which is distinguished by its usually glabrous laminae and segment lobes with entire margins.
Collection Data (S. A. James & M. Sundue 1509)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Hymenophyllaceae
- Genus: Hymenophyllum Sm.
- Species: Hymenophyllum copelandii C.V.Morton
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 3-II-2013
- Primary Collector & #: S. A. James & M. Sundue 1509
- Collection Party: Shelley James, Michael Sundue, Allen Allison, Si He, Dubi Damas, Bulisa Iova, Oliver Tallowin
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Primary Forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: BISH, LAE, VT
Pendent epiphyte, hanging from roots along river banks.
- Location: Sibium Mtns. – – – Northern Province – Papua New Guinea.
- Coordinates: 9°17.1495'S, 148°16.3596'E
- Elevation: 740 m