This bog clubmoss is a hybrid between Lycopodiella inundata and Lycopodiella appressa. It is named after Arthur Gilman, who is pictured here holding a plant.
Collection Data (W. Testo 953)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Lycopodiopsida
- Family: Lycopodiaceae
- Genus: Lycopodiella Holub
- Species: Lycopodiella ×gilmanii A. Haines
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 28-08-2015
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 953
- Collection Party: W. L. Testo and A. V. Gilman
- Det. History: W Testo August 2015
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: AAU, VT
Collected from a large colony in wet sandy soil in an open powerline clearing. Growing intermixed with Lycopodiella appressa; Lycopodiella inundata nearby.
- Location: – – – Maine – United States.
- Coordinates: 43.724186N, 70.348087W
- Elevation: 60m