This species of Serpocaulon is endemic to eastern Brazil. It is characterized by pinnate laminae, segments conspicuously adnate on the acroscopic side, presence of hairs on the lamina, and ovate to lanceolate scales on the costal bases. Also note the white-dots (i.e., cretaceous hydathodes) on the lamina upper surface. Not all specimens have them, but it often helps on the id.
Collection Data (F.B. Matos 544)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- Genus: Serpocaulon A. R. Sm.
- Species: Serpocaulon meniscifolium (Langsd. & Fisch.) A.R. Sm.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 30-IV-2005
- Primary Collector & #: F.B. Matos 544
- Collection Party: M.O. Oliveira
- Det. History: F.B. Matos, 2007
- Habitat: Atlantic Forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: UPCB
- Location: Reserva Natural Rio Cachoeira (SPVS) – – Antonina – Paraná – Brazil.
- Coordinates: -25.283333, -48.700000
- Elevation: 30 m