Collection Data (N. P. Smith 334)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Aspleniaceae
- Genus: Asplenium L.
- Species: Asplenium mucronatum C. Presl
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 20-XII-2011
- Primary Collector & #: N. P. Smith 334
- Collection Party:
- Det. History:
- Habitat: Secondary Forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: FLOR
- Location: Unidade de Conservação Ambiental Desterro – Florianópolis – – Santa Catarina – Brazil.
- Coordinates: -27.529669, -48.511169
please check!? Regards, Malte
Thanks for the comment Malte. That is the name that our Brazilian colleagues are putting on this plant. However, compare it to Asplenium mucronatum, which has shorter and more coarsely toothed pinnae, and which has a proliferous apex.
Michael is right. This is Asplenium mucronatum. However, it does not have proliferous apex.