You can tell that this species belongs to Meniscium by its areolate venation and absence of forked hairs. In general, it can be recognized within this group by the large size of its pinnae and acrostichoid appearance of the sori.
Collection Data (F.B. Matos 965)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Thelypteridaceae
- Genus: Meniscium Schreb.
- Species: Meniscium macrophyllum Kunze
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 15-II-2006
- Primary Collector & #: F.B. Matos 965
- Collection Party: J.L. Paixão, S.C. Sant'Ana & M.M. Lopes
- Det. History: F.B. Matos, 2006
- Habitat: Atlantic Forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: CEPEC, UPCB
- Location: Serra do Peito de Moça – – Arataca – Bahia – Brazil.
- Coordinates: -15.173611, -39.341667
- Elevation: 1000 m