Collection Data (M. Sundue 4802)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- Genus: Serpocaulon A. R. Sm.
- Species: Serpocaulon levigatum (Cav.) A.R. Sm.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 14-07-2016
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 4802
- Collection Party: W.L. Testo, M. Sundue, A. Vasco, N. Lopez
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Montane forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: AAU, JAUM, VT
This guy is a far cry from my notion of what a fern “should” look like–lacking the hallmark fronds that characterize, for me, the archetypal fern.
Perhaps it’s time for me to revisit my preconceived notion of how a fern ought to appear.
Great comment Alan! That is one of the reasons we decided to build this site.
Letting ferns be ferns, free of judgment or the imposition of uninformed stereotypes regarding static aesthetic norms.