This population was found growing over rocks in thick moss mats in the spray of a large waterfall. The plants have large trophopods and thickened petioles similar to those seen in Sundue 3053.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 3967)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Cystopteridaceae
- Genus: Cystopteris Bernh.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 16-III-2015
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 3967
- Collection Party: GLZ Adame, W. Testo, R. Torres C., A. Vasco G.
- Det. History: M. Sundue (VT)
- Habitat: Bosque Mesofilo
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: MEXU, VT
- Location: Cerro Pelón – – Distrito Ixtlán Municipio Santiago Comaltepec – Oaxaca – Mexico.
- Coordinates: 17°35'04.0"N 96°29'37.0"W
- Elevation: 2570 m