Collection Data (S. A. James & M. Sundue 1583)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Athyriaceae
- Genus: Diplazium Sw.
- Species: Diplazium pseduocyatheifolium Rosenst.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 7-II-2013
- Primary Collector & #: S. A. James & M. Sundue 1583
- Collection Party: Shelley James, Michael Sundue, Allen Allison, Si He, Dubi Damas, Bulisa Iova, Oliver Tallowin
- Det. History: Ran Wei (PE)
- Habitat: Secondary Forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: BISH, LAE, VT
- Location: Sibium Mtns. – – – Northern Province – Papua New Guinea.
- Coordinates: 9.27446°S, 148.26468°E
- Elevation: 740 m
I would like to suggest this specimen as D. cyatheifolium, and it also looks like a tropical Chinese species, D. viridescens, which is distributed in Hainan, Guangxi, etc.
Thanks Ran Wei. I was considering D. caythefolium, but was unsure. I will apply that name for now.