Asplenium volubile N. Murak. & R. C. Moran is a member of Sect. Hymenasplenium, which is characterized by dorsiventrally flattened, green rhizome with dorsal, distichous phyllotaxy as well as athyrioid rachis-costa architecture. This species is a primary hemiepiphyte, with elongate gametophytes establishing low on the trunks of treelets. The sporophyte then sends long feeder roots to the ground and begins climbing by a long-creeping, branched rhizome.
Collection Data (W. Testo WL Testo 703)
General Collection Data
- Date: 03-01-2015
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo WL Testo 703
- Collection Party: W. L. Testo, M. A. Sundue, J. E. Watkins, E. Sessa
- Det. History: WL Testo, 2015
- Habitat: Evergreen rainforest
- Habit: Hemiepiphyte
- Specimen Locations: AAU, CR, NY, TAIF, VT
Primary hemiepiphyte in wet forest.