This subulate-scaled Elaphoglossum is characterized by its small size, short-caudate leaf apex and crenate leaf margins. It it found in mid- to upper-elevation forests from Costa Rica to Colombia. We found this population at 2950m as a low-trunk epiphyte in Quercus forest. A large population of gametophytes was present.
Collection Data (W. Testo W.L. Testo 692)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dryopteridaceae
- Genus: Elaphoglossum Schott ex J. Sm.
- Species: Elaphoglossum curtii Rosenst.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 01-01-2015
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo W.L. Testo 692
- Collection Party: W. L. Testo, M. A. Sundue and D. S. Barrington
- Det. History: WL Testo, 2015
- Habitat: Montane forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: AAU, CR, VT
Common as an epiphyte low on trunks in upper montane forest. Gametophytes present in large quantities.
- Location: Cerro de la Muerte – – – San José – Costa Rica.
- Coordinates: 9.5067N, 83.7223W
- Elevation: 2950m