Phlebodium inaequale was treated as Polypodium pleurosorum Kunze ex Mett. by Mickel and Smith in the Pteridophytes of Mexico (Mem. NYBG 88, 2004). Daniel Tejero-Diaz, John Mickel, and Alan Smith later recognized it in Phlebodium in their 2009 paper describing a hybrid between it and Phlebodium pseudoaureum. They further support its position by citing unpublished DNA sequence data generated by H. Schneider. For further details see:
Tejero-DÍez, J. Daniel, John T. Mickel, and Alan R. Smith. “A hybrid Phlebodium (Polypodiaceae, Polypodiophyta) and its influence on the circumscription of the genus.” American Fern Journal 99.2 (2009): 109-116.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 3458)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- Genus: Polypodium L.
- Species: Phlebodium inaequale T. Moore
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 15-IV-2013
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 3458
- Collection Party: M. Sundue & R. Torres C.
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Primary Forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: MEXU, VT
Climbing epiphyte, rhizome ocassionally branched, thick, starchy, lacking black sclerids
- Location: El Relampago – – Distrito Ixtlán Municipio Santiago Comaltepec – Oaxaca – Mexico.
- Coordinates: 17°35.09’N, 96°24.03’W
- Elevation: 1965