Lastreopsis excultum has recently be combined in Parapolystichum. This change was in response to a publication by Labiak et al. 2014 which found evidence that as previously circumscribed, Lastreopsis was paraphyletic.
Labiak, Paulo H., et al. “Phylogeny and historical biogeography of the lastreopsid ferns (Dryopteridaceae).” American journal of botany 101.7 (2014): 1207-1228.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 3391)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dryopteridaceae
- Genus: Parapolystichum (Keyserl.) Ching
- Species: Parapolystichum excultum (Mett.) Labiak Sundue & R. C. Moran
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 15-Jan-2013
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 3391
- Collection Party: M. Sundue with the OTS Tropical Fern and Lycophyte Course
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Tropical rainforest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: VT
- Location: Las Cruces Biological Field Station – – – Puntarenas – Costa Rica.
- Coordinates: 8° 47' 7'' N, 82° 57' 32'' W
- Elevation: ca. 1200 m