Collection Data (M. Sundue 3387)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Athyriaceae
- Genus: Diplazium Sw.
- Species: Diplazium atirrense (Donn. Sm.) Lellinger var. atirrense
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 13-Jan-2013
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 3387
- Collection Party: M. Sundue with the OTS Tropical Fern and Lycophyte Course
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Tropical rainforest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: VT
- Location: Las Cruces Biological Field Station – – – Puntarenas – Costa Rica.
- Coordinates: 8° 47' 7'' N, 82° 57' 32'' W
- Elevation: ca. 1200 m
How to distinguish this species with D. pinnatifidum? Because these two species sometimes confuses me. Several specimens labeled the latter in herbarium PE I think should be actually D. atirrense. I found the scales of them of little difference.