The minute low canopy epiphyte is relatively common in the lowland forests around the La Selva Biologica Field Station.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 3429)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Hymenophyllaceae
- Genus: Didymoglossum Desv.
- Species: Didymoglossum ovale E. Fourn.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 18-I-2013
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 3429
- Collection Party: M. Sundue along with the OTS tropical ferns and lycophytes course
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Primary Forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: VT
- Location: La Selva Biological Field Station – – – Heredia – Costa Rica.
- Coordinates: 10.4220° N, 84.0150° W
- Elevation: 100 m
Very nice. This is the smallest of the filmy ferns at La Selva, I believe.