Common grows in gaps in forest understory on relatively rich soils. Found in gaps in the REBIO Uatumã. Originally from the tropics of the Old World, but due to introduction, today it is found worldwide in the tropics, including urban areas.
Collection Data (J. Prado 1903)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Thelypteridaceae
- Genus: Amblovenatum J.P. Roux
- Species: Amblovenatum opulentum (Kaulf.) J.P. Roux
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 5-II-2008
- Primary Collector & #: J. Prado 1903
- Collection Party: H. Tuomisto, K. Ruokolainen, G. Zuquim & J.N. de Souza
- Det. History:
- Habitat: Tropical rainforest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: INPA, SP, TURKU
- Location: Rebio of Uatumã – Balbina – Presidente Figueiredo – Amazonas – Brazil.
- Coordinates: -1º30'48'', -59º50'31''