Pleopeltis pleopeltifolia is restricted to Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay. It is often confused with P. angusta, from Mexico and Central America, from which it differs by the stouter, short-creeping rhizome with approximate leaves, and apices of segments that are much less attenuate and acute.
Collection Data (F.B. Matos 1187)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- Genus: Pleopeltis Humb. & Bonpl. ex Willd.
- Species: Pleopeltis pleopeltifolia (Raddi) Alston
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 27-V-2006
- Primary Collector & #: F.B. Matos 1187
- Collection Party: M.C. Gomes
- Det. History: F.B. Matos, 2006
- Habitat: Atlantic Forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: UPCB
- Location: Reserva Natural Rio Cachoeira (SPVS) – – Antonina – Paraná – Brazil.
- Coordinates: -25.300000, -48.683333
- Elevation: 250 m