This species was long treated in the segregate genus Anopteris, but appears to be nested within Pteris. It appears to be restricted to exposed limestone outcrops in very humid forest.
Collection Data (W. Testo 1791)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Pteridaceae
- Genus: Pteris L.
- Species: Pteris hexagona (L.) Proctor
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 08-12-2018
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 1791
- Collection Party: Teodoro Clase, Yommi Piña, Susan Fawcett, Lindsey Riibe, Sally Chambers, Pedro Schwartsburd
- Det. History: W Testo, December 2018
- Habitat: Primary Forest
- Habit: Lithophyte
- Specimen Locations: JBSD, UC, VT
Locally abundant in pristine montane forest. On limestone.
- Location: Las Abejas – – Pedernales – Barahona – Dominican Republic.
- Coordinates: 18.151 N, 71.629 W
- Elevation: 1300 m