This species is readily identifiable by its stout stems that climb several meters vertically through neighboring vegetation.
Collection Data (W. Testo 1424)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Lycopodiopsida
- Family: Lycopodiaceae
- Genus: Palhinhaea Franco & Vasc.
- Species: Palhinhaea glaucescens (C. Presl) Holub
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 18-VIII-2017
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 1424
- Collection Party: with David Sanín, Gabriel Peñaloza, Sandra Urbano.
- Det. History: Weston Testo, March 2021
- Habitat: Bosque altoandino
- Habit: Scandent on vegetation, Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: BRIT, HUA, MO, VT
- Location: Reserva Natural Encano Andino – Pasto – El Encano – Nariño – Colombia.
- Coordinates: 1.074N, 77.121W
- Elevation: 2800 m