I believe this to be Isoetes palmeri, which is known from the Cordillera Oriental of Colombia and the adjacent Cordillera de Mérida in Venezuela. It appears to be closely allied to the Isoetes karstenii complex, which is also found in this area.
Collection Data (W. Testo 1387)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Lycopodiopsida
- Family: Isoëtaceae
- Genus: Isoetes L.
- Species: Isoetes palmeri H.P. Fuchs.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 11-XIII-2017
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 1387
- Collection Party: Michael Sundue, David Sanín, William Bravo Pedraza, Cristian Castro, Lia Esperanza Alarcón, Gabriel Peñaloza
- Det. History: Weston Testo, October 2017
- Habitat: Paramo
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: VT
Aquatic in small ponds in paramo. Frequent.
- Location: Páramo la Rusia – – Duitama – Boyacá – Colombia.
- Coordinates: 5.893N, 73.085W
- Elevation: 3500 m