I have not had a chance to study much Sticherus from this region, and would love a second opinion about the application of this name. Comments appreciated.
Collection Data (M. Sundue & H. Maraia 4378)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Gleicheniaceae
- Genus: Sticherus C. Presl
- Species: Sticherus hispidus (Mett. Ex Kuhn) Copel.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 10-XI-2016
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue & H. Maraia 4378
- Collection Party: Irene Engilis, Alan Hitch, Ed de Vogel, John Trochet, Nittya Semard, Allen Allison, Raymon Joshua, Kore Maraia, Dabio, Alois Gambia
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Castanopsis forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: LAE, VT
Terrestrial on soil banks along track.
- Location: Wild Dog Camp - former site of SINIVIT Wild Dog Mine – – – East New Britain – Papua New Guinea.
- Coordinates: S4.626160°, E152.044060°
- Elevation: 1355 m