The distinctive involucres help diagnose this species. The petiole is also conspicuous. It is flattened, and the edges are provided with dark hairs similar to those of the rhizome.
Collection Data (M. Sundue & H. Maraia 4447)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Hymenophyllaceae
- Genus: Crepidomanes C. Presl
- Species: Crepidomanes bipunctatum (Poir.) Copel.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 16-XI-2019
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue & H. Maraia 4447
- Collection Party: Irene Engilis, Alan Hitch, Ed de Vogel, John Trochet, Nittya Semard, Allen Allison, Raymon Joshua, Kore Maraia, Dabio, Alois Gambia
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Castanopsis forest
- Habit: On rotted wood
- Specimen Locations: LAE, VT
- Location: Wild Dog Camp - former site of SINIVIT Wild Dog Mine – – – East New Britain – Papua New Guinea.
- Coordinates: S4.626160°, E152.044060°
- Elevation: 567 m