This was an exciting discovery since I believe it is only the second time this species has been found in Oaxaca. It was not too surprising however, since it was along the same trail that John Mickel and Steven Leonard found this species in 1970.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 5028)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Pteridaceae
- Genus: Eriosorus Fée
- Species: Eriosorus hirtus (Kunth) Copel.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 27-II-2018
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 5028
- Collection Party: R. Torres C., A. Vasco, W. Testo, A. Ruiz
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Liquidambar - Pine forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: MEXU, VT
- Location: Asuncion Cacalotepec – – Distrito Mixe – Oaxaca – Mexico.
- Coordinates: 17.044079, -95.958843
- Elevation: 1750