Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- Genus: Serpocaulon A. R. Sm.
- Species: Serpocaulon hirsutulum (T. Moore) Schwartsb. & A.R. Sm.
- Common name(s):
General Observation Data
- Date: 06-V-2017
- Habitat: Tropical rainforest
- Habit: Epiphyte
Growing on small tree on the margin of lake. Det. by P. Schwartsburd (2017).
- Location: Lagoa do Peri (Santa Catarina Island) – – Florianópolis – Santa Catarina – Brazil.
- Coordinates: -27.741645, -48.533414
- Elevation: ca. 5 m
I think it is another variation of S. meniscifolium. It is interesting how whitish it is. Do you have samples in silica?
Thanks for leaving a comment. I did not see it until now. I am cultivating the plant so I could make a silica sample.
This is Serpocaulon hirsutulum. Check Schwartsburd & Smith, JBRIT 2013.
Thanks! I recently found larger individuals growing in the shade in the same location. I will post images of the plants this week.