This is a very rare species, previously known only from the type collection from Oaxaca, Mexico, and a single other collection from Veracruz, Mexico. It is closest to Diplazium franconis, from which is differs by abundant small hairs in the adaxial rachis groove and the lack of scales on the rachis and costae.
Collection Data (W. Testo 883)
General Collection Data
- Date: 19-03-2015
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 883
- Collection Party: W.L. Testo, M. Sundue, A. Vasco, & R. Torres
- Det. History: W.L. Testo and M. Sundue, May 2016
- Habitat: Pine - Oak Forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: MEXU, VT
Uncommon in ravine.