This species of Lygodium is the only one known to have chlorophyllous spores.
Collection Data (W. Testo 1011)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Lygodiaceae
- Genus: Lygodium Sw.
- Species: Lygodium heterodoxum Kunze
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 06-02-2016
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 1011
- Collection Party: W.L. Testo
- Det. History: W.L. Testo, February 2016
- Habitat: Tropical rainforest
- Habit: Scandent on vegetation
- Specimen Locations: AAU, CR, NY, VT
In open areas at forest edge. Vine climbing trees up to 6m.
- Location: Bolita Rainforest Reserve – – Dos Brazos – Puntarenas – Costa Rica.
- Coordinates: 8.5096N, 83.398W
- Elevation: 60m