Collection Data (M. Sundue 3703)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Cystopteridaceae
- Genus: Gymnocarpium Newm.
- Species: Gymnocarpium oyamense (Bak.) Ching
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 2-VIII-2014
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 3703
- Collection Party: M. Sundue M. Lehnert D. N. Karger D. Quandt S. Noben K. Mar B.-C. Ho Y. Mei L. Lewis
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Montane forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: LAE, VT
- Location: Mt. Wilhelm – – – Chimbu – Papua New Guinea.
- Coordinates: 5° 49' 19.4874"S, 145° 8' 25.9116"E
- Elevation: 2800 m
Wow! So this is what the subtropical Gymnocarpium looks like! Very nice!!! I don’t know this genus very well, but this species looks very unusual in its laminar cutting and elongated sori. The leaf texture and rhizome habit look more familiar though. Did you notice if it had a swollen node at the junction of basal pinnae with rachis?
Yes it does!
Sweet! And nice shots!