Collection Data (M. Sundue 2708)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Lycopodiopsida
- Family: Lycopodiaceae
- Genus: Austrolycopodium Holub
- Species: Austrolycopodium magellanicum (P. Beauv.) Holub
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 13-III-2011
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 2708
- Collection Party: M. Sundue & M. McHenry
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Paramo
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: QCA, VT
- Location: El Angel Ecological Reserve – – – Carchi – Ecuador.
- Coordinates: 0.783°N, 77.904°W
- Elevation: 3573 m
Hey Michael – nice!
I think this plant should perhaps be treated in Austrolycopodium (as Austrolycopodium (P. Beauv.) Holub) as it looks like Lycopodium is otherwise rendered paraphyletic, according to my trees.
Thanks Wes! I will transfer this species from Lycopodium to Austrolycopodium.