This species of Jamesonia was common on the vulcanic soils around the summit of Volcán Irazú in Costa Rica. I collected while tagging along with David Barrington’s long-running tropical plant systematics course offered by the University of Vermont.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 3367a)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Pteridaceae
- Genus: Jamesonia Hook. & Grev.
- Species: Jamesonia warscewiczii (Mett.) Christenh.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 08-I-2013
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 3367a
- Collection Party: M. Sundue with the UVM tropical plant systematics course
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Secondary Forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: VT
- Location: Volcán Irazú – – – Cartago – Costa Rica.
- Coordinates: 9° 58′ 45″ N, 83° 51′ 9″ W
- Elevation: 3400 m