Dicksonia sellowiana is one of the most common plants near the city of Urubici, in Santa Catariana, Brazil. Many hillsides in this area are covered with thousands of individuals.
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Cyatheaceae
- Genus: Dicksonia L'Heritier
- Species: Dicksonia sellowiana Hook.
- Common name(s):
General Observation Data
- Date: 07-I-2012
- Habitat: grasslands
- Habit: Terrestrial, Tree fern
- Location: Parque Nacional de São Jaquim – – Urubici – Santa Catarina – Brazil.
- Coordinates: -28.154714, -49.632161
Hey Nate, did you take a picture of that house in Urubici with a wall made of Dicksonia trunks? That was…let’s say, curious… It would be nice to have a picture here.
I had an image of it but I don’t know where it is. I’ll look. I think the house is just outside of São Joaquim.