This plant will key out to M. truncicola in Hirai & Prado (2012), but the lamina is narrower and more deeply dissected than typical plants. It may be a hybrid. Moranopteris aphelolepis was also collected nearby.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 5071)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- Genus: Moranopteris R. Y. Hirai & J. Prado
- Species: Moranopteris truncicola (Klotzsch) R. Y. Hirai & J. Prado
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 26-I-2022
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 5071
- Collection Party: Alejandra Vasco, Weston Testo, Sarah Morris, Susana Vega, Jonatan Castro, Verónica Bedoya, Alejandro Marín, Arcangel Gómez
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: BRIT, F, JAUM, VT
On mossy trunks. Leaves pendent. Common here.