Pteris grevilleana is a rare fern found in South Islands of Japan. The Japanese popular name for this plant is “Ashigatashida“, which means “foot-shaped fern”, in reference to the extended distal pinna of the frond
Collection Data (D.T. Vasques s.n.)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Pteridaceae
- Genus: Pteris L.
- Species: Pteris grevilleana Wall. ex J. Agardh
- Common name(s): Ashigatashida
General Collection Data
- Date: 05-VIII-2021
- Primary Collector & #: D.T. Vasques s.n.
- Collection Party: D.T. Vasques
- Det. History:
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations:
- Location: Yukushima Island – – – – Japan.
- Coordinates: 30.37284496 E, 130.533975 N
- Elevation: 1039 m