This species is principally Andean, but isolated populations occur in Guatemala and on Hispaniola. The relationship of these outlier populations to the Andean plants is unclear.
Collection Data (W. Testo 1769)
General Collection Data
- Date: 06-12-2018
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 1769
- Collection Party: Teodoro Clase, Yommi Piña, Susan Fawcett, Lindsey Riibe, Sally Chambers, Pedro Schwartsburd
- Det. History: W Testo, December 2018
- Habitat: Secondary Forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: AAU, JBSD
Uncommon. Epiphyte on trunk of small tree in fragmented secondary forest.