This taxon was previously treated at the species rank, but was subsumed under Salpichlaena volubilis by Cárdenas et al. (2019) in their revision of the genus.
Collection Data (W. Testo 1441)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Blechnaceae
- Genus: Salpichlaena J. Sm.
- Species: Salpichlaena volubilis (Kaulf.) J. Sm.
- Var./Subsp.: thalassica (Grayum & R.C. Moran) G.G. Cárdenas & Tuomisto
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 19-VIII-2017
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 1441
- Collection Party: David Sanín, Gabriel Peñaloza, Sandra Urbano.
- Det. History: W Testo, October, 2017
- Habitat: Riparian forest
- Habit: Scandent on vegetation, Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: HUA
Terrestrial fern with leaves climbing up to 8 m into trees.