This species of Dennstaedtia is highly distinctive and is one of just a few species in the genus that grows as an epiphyte. It was epiphytic on the trunk of tree ferns.
Collection Data (W. Testo 1437)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dennstaedtiaceae
- Genus: Dennstaedtia Moore
- Species: Dennstaedtia kalbreyeri Maxon
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 19-VIII-2017
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 1437
- Collection Party: David Sanín, Gabriel Peñaloza, Sandra Urbano.
- Det. History: W Testo, October, 2017
- Habitat: Riparian forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: BRIT, HUA, MO, UC, VT
Uncommon epiphyte on tree fern trunks.
- Location: Reserva Natural La Planada – Ricaurte – Resguardo Indígena Awa de Ricaurte – Nariño – Colombia.
- Coordinates: 1.524N, 77.575W
- Elevation: 1750 m