Actinostachys is impossible to spot, and just as hard to photograph. The spiral shape of the leaves apparently is variable within the species.
Collection Data (S. A. James & M. Sundue 1511)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Schizaeaceae
- Genus: Actinostachys Wall.
- Species: Actinostachys digitata (L.) Wall.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 4-II-2013
- Primary Collector & #: S. A. James & M. Sundue 1511
- Collection Party: Shelley James, Michael Sundue, Allen Allison, Si He, Dubi Damas, Bulisa Iova, Oliver Tallowin
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Primary Forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: BISH, LAE, VT
Forming colonies along ridge top. Young plants with leaves spiraled, older plants with leaves straight and erect.
- Location: Sibium Mtns. – – – Northern Province – Papua New Guinea.
- Coordinates: 9°17.1495'S, 148°16.3596'E
- Elevation: 900 m