The identification of this specimen is not yet clear. We are applying the name D. scotinum for now based on the 3-pinnate leaves with dark blackish axes. Comments are appreciated.
Collection Data (M. Sundue & H. Maraia 4418)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Athyriaceae
- Genus: Diplazium Sw.
- Species: Diplazium scotinum Rosenst.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 13-XI-2016
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue & H. Maraia 4418
- Collection Party: Irene Engilis - Alan Hitch - Ed de Vogel - John Trochet - Nittya Semard - Allen Allison - Raymon Joshua - Kore Maraia - Dabio - Alois Gambia
- Det. History: Ran Wei & M. Sundue
- Habitat: Castanopsis forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: LAE, VT
- Location: Wild Dog Camp - former site of SINIVIT Wild Dog Mine – – – East New Britain – Papua New Guinea.
- Coordinates: S4.62616° E152.04406°
- Elevation: 1012 m
Hi Michael, I think this species might not be D. cyatheifolium, but related to D. assimile or D. queenslandicum.
Thanks Ran Wei! I will apply the name D. scotinum as we discussed off-list.