Lygodium versteegii is diagnosed by its reticulate venation and its close set leaflets that appear whorled on the rachis. The leaflets are simple or bear small lobes at the base.
Collection Data (M. Sundue & H. Maraia 4223)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Lygodiaceae
- Genus: Lygodium Sw.
- Species: Lygodium versteegii Christ
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 4-XI-2019
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue & H. Maraia 4223
- Collection Party: Irene Engilis, Alan Hitch, Ed de Vogel, John Trochet, Nittya Semard, Allen Allison, Raymon Joshua, Kore Maraia, Dabio, Alois Gambia
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Castanopsis forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: LAE, VT
- Location: Wild Dog Camp - former site of SINIVIT Wild Dog Mine – – – East New Britain – Papua New Guinea.
- Coordinates: S4.626160°, E152.044060°
- Elevation: 1355 m