This species is one of the largest in the Caribbean, and is a narrow endemic in western Hispaniola. The sharply bicolorous petiole scales are diagnostic.
Collection Data (W. Testo 1771)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dryopteridaceae
- Genus: Polystichum Roth
- Species: Polystichum hottense C. Chr.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 06-12-2018
- Primary Collector & #: W. Testo 1771
- Collection Party: W. Testo
- Det. History: Weston Testo, December 2018
- Habitat: Cloud forest
- Habit: Terrestrial
- Specimen Locations: FLAS, JBSD, NY, UC, VT
Locally abundant in fragments of cloud forest at summit of Monte la Jo.
- Location: Monte la Jo – – Polo – Barahona – Dominican Republic.
- Coordinates: 18.168 N, 71.283 W
- Elevation: 1600 m