Collection Data (J. Harrison & L. Harrison 763)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dryopteridaceae
- Genus: Elaphoglossum Schott ex J. Sm.
- Species: Elaphoglossum latifolium (Sw.) J. Sm.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 31-X-2017
- Primary Collector & #: J. Harrison & L. Harrison 763
- Collection Party:
- Det. History: W. Testo
- Habitat: Cloud forest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Specimen Locations: NY
- Location: Cerro Jefe – – – Panamá – Panama.
- Coordinates: 9°14'3.4"N, 79°24'23.8"W
- Elevation: 947 m
Are the rhizome scales toothed or entire?
It looks a lot like Elaphoglossum latifolium to me.
A perfectly reasonable idea, but weirdly that species is not known from the region. Are you familiar with Elaphoglossum longicrure Christ? Its pretty similar and has been frequently collected there.
Yes, I know it. I think that is a somewhat smaller plant than this one appears to be.