The massive elliptic lamina and subulate scales serve to distinguish Elaphoglossum crinitum.
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Dryopteridaceae
- Genus: Elaphoglossum Schott ex J. Sm.
- Species: Elaphoglossum crinitum (L.) Christ
- Common name(s):
General Observation Data
- Date: 22-I-2015
- Habitat: Evergreen rainforest
- Habit: Epiphyte
- Location: Quebrada González - Braulio Carrillo National Park – – Guápiles – Limón – Costa Rica.
- Coordinates: 10.161719, -83.937792
- Elevation: 500 m
Wow! Nice photos! This is the type of Elaphoglossum sect. Polytrichia sensu Mickel & Atehortúa (1980). Would you mind if I borrow some of these images for my pre-defense seminar? I also photographed E. crinitum in CR, but the pictures didn’t come out very good…
Sure thing! Thanks for asking. I had a hard time photographing this sp. as well since the leaves are so big and I was shooting with my macro lens.
I bought a beautiful spécimen almost a year ago. The Plant was doing well until I transplanted it 2 weeks ago. The surrounding of one new leaf is getting flabby and the green colour is fading also in this area? Any ideas what I did wrong! The new putting mis I used is some earth, peat Moss and fir bark.