This plant differs from those of typical Asplenium castaneum by having its leaves appressed to the rocky substrate. Although they look like they might be, the leaves are not proliferous.
Collection Data (M. Sundue 3555)
Classification & Common Names
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Family: Aspleniaceae
- Genus: Asplenium L.
- Species: Asplenium castaneum Schltdl. & Cham.
- Common name(s):
General Collection Data
- Date: 24-III-2014
- Primary Collector & #: M. Sundue 3555
- Collection Party: M. Sundue F. B. Matos & R. Torres C,
- Det. History: M. Sundue
- Habitat: Pine - Oak Forest, Road cut
- Habit: Lithophyte
- Specimen Locations: MEXU, VT
Appressed to rocky substrate. Exposed site. Some leaves erect. Leaves not proliferous.
- Location: Cerro Pelón – – Distrito Ixtlán Municipio Santiago Comaltepec – Oaxaca – Mexico.
- Coordinates: 17°35'8.5"N, 96°30'34.8"
- Elevation: 2622 m